An Urban Wiarton Hike & Pot Luck, Wednesday December 7, 2016
A Vanishing Stream, Colpoy’s Bay, Sketch
- Monday, September 12, 2016
Easy Walks on
Tuesdays from May to October 2016
End-to-End on Four Weekends/Nine Hikes, Starts July 30, 2016
Peninsula Club's End-to-End Special,
Starts May 5, 2016
2016 Peninsula Blue Side Trail Series
We have about 150 km of side trails. Hike them all through 2016 and 2017 and receive our
newest badge. Below there are two
differently formatted schedules available for download.
The first PDF copy has some volunteer hike leaders assigned to specific, upcoming dates that you may wish to
attend. As more hike leaders volunteer to lead this series, updated versions of the first PDF copy will be posted here.
The second PDF copy contains the side trails shown as a convenient series of loops and with it you can chose your own schedule.
Periodically check here for loop hikes with a leader and a view of the new badge. Submit your schedule to PBTC, PO Box 1087, Wiarton, N0H 2T0 when
complete along with $7 (Canada)/$8 (USA) in a stamped, self addressed envelope to receive the badge.
Learn First Aid
IMPORTANT WINTER WEATHER NOTICE: Cancellations will be posted on the Peninsula Bruce Trail Club Facebook page.
Note: On all hikes, bring plenty of water, snacks and a lunch, if required. Wear sturdy hiking footwear for use with your snowshoes, and dress in layers.
Bruce Peninsula Day Hike Guide
The Bruce Peninsula Day Hike Guide is available. This excellent map set (8 maps) is for sale. Go to The Bruce Peninsula Day Hike Guide web page for a look at a sample and information about where you can buy a set or order one by Canada Post.
DEGREES of DIFFICULTY (DOD)
- Leisurely - 3 km/h or less
- Medium - 3 to 4 km/h
- Brisk - 4 to 5 km/h
- Fast - 5+ km/h
- Easy - Mostly flat and usually good footing
- Moderate - Some hills and/or some poor footing
- Strenuous - Hilly with steep climbs and some poor footing
Special Notices Re. Winter Outings
- Winter outings may be cancelled on short notice at the discretion of the hike leader(s) due to dangerous trail and/or driving conditions.
- Dress for the conditions; bring adequate food & drinks.
- PBTC provided parking areas are not maintained in winter so please park carefully at the roadside or as suggested by the hike leader.
- For accommodations check:
Contact person for hikes: If you need further information pertaining to a given hike, please contact the hike leader. See the hike schedule for the contact information.
Check Facebook for updates & last minute notices. "Like" Facebook to receive updated information.